It starts with you.
When you give to the United Way of Fairfield County, you provide the resources needed to help us achieve our Community's Bold Goals.
• To Increase Kindergarten Readiness.
• Increase Positive Familial Engagement.
• Decrease Risk Factors Among Youth.
• Increase High School Graduation Rates and Career Access
• To End Hunger and Homelessness in our community.
• Increase the Financial Stability of families and individuals throughout our community.
• Support services that Increase the ability of elderly individuals and individuals with disabilities to complete Independent Activities of Daily Living.
• Increase access to Health Care and Mental Health services.
• Help People Maintain Healthy Nutrition and Physical Fitness.
What does United Way do?
In addition to funding organizations, the United Way provides more than funding to a community. We research community problems, identify existing solutions so funds are not wasted, and we seek new solutions to solve issues. Additionally, funds are invested where they will produce the greatest results.
Why give to United Way instead of a specific agency?
A gift to United Way will assure the availability of an entire network of human services. For example: A homeless family needs food, clothing and shelter. If you give to a specific agency you can make this happen. But, what if the family also needs job training, daycare, and counseling to leave the shelter? No one agency can meet all the needs of this family. United Way makes sure all these services are available, from the temporary bed to the long-term solution.
How does United Way do it?
United Way utilizes caring volunteers to study the community, assess the needs and priorities, evaluate existing programs, ask for contributions from businesses and individuals, allocate the funds to meet the needs and ultimately, measure the results.
I don't have a lot to give, can I make an impact?
No matter how much you choose to give, you'll be helping to improve the lives of families in Fairfield County. Your donation is joined by many others to support a network of programs & partnerships to get results.
If you work outside Fairfield County did you designate the United Way of Fairfield County?
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
As Fairfield County grows, so too is the community's need for services. Nearly one third of contributions come from county residents who designate their gift back home. If you work outside of Fairfield County, you can designate your dollars back home.
HOW DO I DESIGNATE?
To designate Fairfield County, simply write in "Fairfield County, Lancaster, OH" and the designation code "99". Designations must be annually declared. By choosing to designate Fairfield County you are helping those who are in need right here in your community.
Call our office at (740) 653-0643 for additional information.